Community Information

On this page you will find information relating to Justice of the Peace Services and Social Housing


Follow these links for information relating to:

  • Road Safety, including access to my Road Safety Reporting Group: Safe Streets Strathfield & Burwood.

Justice of the Peace (JP) Services


Justices of the Peace (JPs) are volunteers appointed by the Governor of New South Wales. The primary role of a JP is to witness a person making a statutory declaration or affidavit, and to certify copies of original documents. JPs come from all sections of the community and are available across NSW. 

When visiting a JP, please ensure you have:

  • Your original copy of the document you are having certified
  • Number of copies required
  • Identification (including photo identification)
  • Any necessary completed forms
  • A pen


Community JP Desks

Community JP desks are operated by the NSW Justices Association and are available at a range of local locations.

Desk times and days may change. Please call ahead to confirm.

For a full list of Community Desks and contact details visit Community Desks – NSWJA

For other JP services, search the JP Public Register 

For more information, including on how to become a JP, visit this page

Ashfield Library

3/260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield NSW 2131 

(02) 9392 5588

Fridays 10am-12pm, bookings required

Bookings open 24 hours before the scheduled day JP services - Inner West Council (

Burwood Library

2 Conder St, Burwood NSW 2134 

(02) 9078 6118

Tuesday 2-4pm, no bookings necessary

To book an appointment with a Justice of the Peace Officer please go to or call 9911 9911

JP Services Burwood Council (

Campsie Library and Knowledge Centre

14-28 Amy Street Campsie NSW 2194

‎(02) 9789 9423

Wednesday 10am-12.45pm

Justice of the Peace Services (

Strathfield Council Library & Innovation Hub

65-67 Rochester Street Homebush NSW 2140

(02) 8762 0222

Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am – 12pm, bookings required

Bookings can be made via Eventbrite one hour before the service starts.

Justice of the Peace Service - Strathfield Council (

Social Housing


Applying for housing

Social housing is secure and affordable rental housing for people on low incomes with housing needs. It includes public, community and Aboriginal housing.

Public housing is managed by the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ). Community housing is managed by non-government organisations. Aboriginal housing is managed by DCJ or community housing providers.

You can also be assessed for private rental assistance.

Visit Family and Community Services' page on Social Housing for eligibility information and to submit an application form online

You can complete the form online or by phone. Call 1800 422 322, Monday to Friday: between 9 and 5pm.



The fastest way to lodge a maintenance request or lodge a complaint is to call 1800 422 322.

You can also lodge a non-urgent maintenance request online using the eRepair portal

Visit the NSW Government’s ‘how to lodge a maintenance request’ page for more information.